The Mulier Institute
Recent international publications include:
- Ooms, L., Kruijsbergen, M. van & Collard, D.C.M. (2021). Can health-enhancing sporting programs in sports clubs lead to a settings-based approach? An exploratory qualitative study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 18(11).
- Stevens, V. & Cremers, R. (2021). How can social branding mitigate racism among fans in sports? A Q-sort analysis of the value of social branding campaings as vehicles for reducing racism among soccer fans. Journal of public administration and governance, 11(1).
- Anselma, M., Collard, D.C.M., Berkum, A. van, Twisk, J.W.R., Chinapaw, M.J.M. & Altenburg, T. (2020). Trends in neuromotor fitness in 10-to-12-year-old Dutch children: a comparison between 2006 and 2015/2017. Frontiers in Public Health, 8.
- Jonge, M. de, Slot-Heijs, J.J., Prins, R.G., Singh, A.S. (2020). The effect of The Daily Mile on primary school children’s aerobic fitness levels after 12 weeks: a controlled trial. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(7), 2198.
- Hoeijmakers, R., Kalmthout, J. van (2020). Corona crisis consequences for Dutch sport clubs. Utrecht: Mulier Institute.
- Evans, B., Blackwell, J., Dolan, P., Fahlén, J., Hoekman, R.H.A., Lenneis, V., McNarry, G., Smith & M., Wilcock, L. (2020). Sport in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic: towards an agenda for research in the sociology of sport. European Journal for Sport and Society.
- Stevens, V. & Vertommen, T. (2020). Bringing network governance into the field of violence and integrity in sports. Journal of Public Administration and Governance.
- Stevens, V. & Prins, R.G. (2020). Twitterers’ sentiments towards the COVID-19 responses of the FIA, UEFA and IOC. Utrecht: Mulier Institute.
- Prins, R.G., Kamphuis, C.B.M. & Lenthe, F.J. van (2019). The effects of small-scale physical and social environmental interventions on walking behaviour among Dutch older adults living in deprived neighbourhoods: results from the quasi-experimental NEW.ROADS study. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act, 16:133, 1-12.
- Hover, P., Eldert, P. van & Bezooijen, B. van (2019). Hyundai World Archery (Para) Championships 2019. Economic, social and media impact. Utrecht/Tilburg: Mulier Instituut/ Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
- Ooms, L., Kruijsbergen, M. Collard, D, Leemrijse, C. & Veenhof, C. (2019). Sporting programs aimed at inactive population groups in the Netherlands: factors influencing their long-term sustainability in the organized sports setting. BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation 11, 33, 1-18.
Peeters, R., Elling, A. & Sterkenburg, J. van (2019). WEURO 2017 as catalyst? The narratives of two female pioneers in the Dutch women’s football media complex. Soccer & Society, 20(6).
Stuij, M., Elling-Machartzki, A. & Abma, T. (2019). Stepping outside the consultation room: on nurse-patient relationships and nursing responsibilities during type 2 diabetes walking project. Journal of Advanced Nursing 75(9), 1943-1952.
Stuij, M., Elling, A. & Abma, T. (2019). Negotiating exercise as medicine: narratives from people with type 2 diabetes. Health, 23(mei), 1-17.
Hover, P., Eldert, P. van &. & Leeuwen, F. van (2019). Olympism in the Netherlands 2019. Awareness and associations. Utrecht: Mulier Institute.
Hoekman, R., Elling, A. & Poel, H. van der. (2019). Local policymaking in sport: sport managers’ perspectives on work processes and impact. Journal of Global Sport Management, maart 2019, 1-21.